It's that time of the year again -- Field Day at the Urban Forestry Outreach, Research and Extension nursery! Located on the St. Paul campus, this event is open to all from 10:00 am to noon on Thursday, August 15. Learn about climatic adaptive tree species, Youth Engagement in Arboriculture, get an update on plant disease and more! There will be both workshops and static displays throughout the open house showcasing the research of CFANS students, staff and faculty. Lunch will be provided by the Minnesota Society of Arboriculture at noon.
What: Field Day 2019
When: Thursday, August 15th, 2019
Where: The UFore Nursery (Map of location found here)
Cost: Free! Please RSVP here if attending so we can plan lunch accordingly.
Parking: Parking is located on the University of Minnesota St. Paul campus. Attendees will park off of Gortner Ave, near Larpenteur Ave W. A shuttle service is provided to bring guests to the nursery. See map below for parking and nursery location.
Questions? Contact, firstname.lastname@example.org
- YEA Demo and Curriculum Development
- Scoop & Dump Method
- Plant Disease Clinic Update
- Climatic Adaptive Tree Species
- Soil Science for Urban Forestry
- Shrubs and Edibles
- Assessing Tree Decay Using Technology
- Far Field Tour
- Campus Tree and Shrub Walk
Additional static demonstrations:
- Percolation test
- Soil amendments with basswood
- Grow tubes and critter exclusion
- Grow tubes with larch and buckeye
- Container type differences and advantages
- Alternative pruning styles
- Gravel beds